What can you do with a music degree?

I was lucky enough to have someone share this great website with me that highlights many career options someone with a music degree has.  Most of these of course require additional training or experience but if you figure it out soon enough, that's easy enough to achieve with a few extra classes as an undergrad!

Here's the link:
http://musicschoolcentral.com/can-music-degree-70-careers-salaries-revealed/


What am I doing with my music degree? 

The thing I love about being a freelance musician is I wear many hats!
  1. Teacher: I teach private oboe & piano lessons to 6-12th grade students in my area.
  2. Educator: I substitute teach in elementary music classes grades K-5.
  3. Researcher: I do research  for Répertoire International de Littérature Musicale, a music library based in New York.
  4. Performer: I sub in local orchestras and often play at my church.
  5. Creator: I make reeds for Cascade Oboe Reeds, an oboe reed company based in Oregon!
  6. Administrator: I am finishing up an internship with the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra here in Michigan where I have been working in their Education & Outreach department. 
Although the variety of jobs I do makes answering the question "What do you do for work" long and complicated, it's great to be able to do so many of the things I love.