Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra


I am subbing in the Timpanogos Symphony Orchestra concert for this upcoming concert season! Check out the orchestra's website here. My first rehearsal was on the night of the concerto competition. 7 students ages 14-19 came and competed to win the conducting contest the director John Pew was holding. I was so great to see such young musicians being so ambitious  One in particular really moved me. Watching his face as he conducted was so rewarding. He was so thoroughly enjoying the music that I was motivated to play better. The look in his eyes at a big climax moment was priceless. That's why I want to teach children to play the oboe. Because of the effect music can have on you as shown by that young conductor that night.  

The Daily Herold was present that evening. A full article was published in the print version of the newspaper and an online photo montage can be viewed here.

So far participating in this group has been very rewarding and fun! Our concerts are coming up on May 3 and 4th 2013 at 7:30:

Timberline Middle School Auditorium
500 W Canyon Crest Road
Alpine, UT 84004

This concert will feature the winners of the orchestra concerto competition held last month! I have 2 free tickets for anyone wanting to come to the concert who has NOT been before. I also have some for sale for $6 pre-sale. They will be $10 at the door.